
Traveling at 33 weeks pregnant was definitely not the easiest trip I've ever made or the most comfortable I've ever been. I discovered new wrinkles in my ankles that only appear after a certain amount of swelling. I also learned that it is ok to be super trashy and put your bare feet in the front windshield if it will help you walk to the bathroom a little faster when you stop every hour. Was it worth it though? Absolutely. Thursday we arrived in Greenwood, MS to visit with my grandfather who I don't get to see very often and Friday we traveled to Jackson, MS to see the Shaw side of the family for a reunion. It was very HOT, but it was nice to see some familiar family faces in a pleasant setting (AKA not a funeral).
When we got home on Sunday, Sam and I were treated to several surprises. Sam's parents finished painting the trim in the baby's room, painted a bookshelf, replaced a ceiling fan, and prepared a changing table for the baby. It all looks fabulous and I will post pictures of the finished baby's room very soon!
Now, the next question is to travel or not to travel to the mountains next weekend??? We'll see. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment