Monday, July 14, 2008

We Are Home!

We have completed our travel plans for the summer and Sam and I are home! (Can you read the tone of relief!?) We spent a nice weekend in the mountains of North Georgia this weekend to celebrate his grandparent's 60th anniversary. What an accomplishment for them! We were very glad to be able to visit with both of our extended families this summer, but the time has definitely come to settle down and take it easy as much as possible before the baby gets here.

There are a few finishing touches that need to be made before the baby arrives like putting up a new blind in his bedroom and making sure that we have enough diapers, wipes, and bottles to get us through the first day or two with whatever we might need. I am sure Sam will be sent to the store several times within the first 48 hours of bringing Jay home, but that's a new dad's job, right?

Today, my plan is to pack up a baby bag and a bag for myself to bring to the hospital so that we will be prepared whenever the time might come! I feel like time is starting to fly by very quickly!


This picture is from Saturday night just before we left to head back to our hotel. Can you see the exhaustion on my face? I am definitely tired these days! We took this picture to document our last trip as just the two of us! When we were leaving the hotel Sunday morning, the manager jokingly told me she would have 911 on stand-by just in case I went into labor. I'm starting to not be quite so amused by these little cracks. I know I am huge - - no need to comment on that!


No comments: