Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Nine Months!!!

I want so badly to remember what Jay is like right now. He is so much fun, so sweet, so perfect to me. So, in honor of his NINE MONTH (3/4 of a year already??!!) birthday, here are nine things that I want to never forget:

1. Jay, you LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your mommy and daddy. Your little face lights up when I pick you up from the babysitter's in the afternoon, and in the last week or two, you've been quivering with excitement as soon as you hear my voice. When Daddy gets home, you reach out to him and smile. Not everyone gets that special greeting.

2. You love music. We listen to lots of music in the car and at home, and as soon as you hear "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," everything in your world is perfect, at least for a few minutes.

3. You have just started holding your own bottle. I felt a little bit guilty at first letting you feed yourself, but I have to tell you, I am enjoying the freedom it is bringing us. I pushed you in your stroller through the mall last week and you drank your bottle. You ate and we kept moving - - amazing!

4. You are starting to shake your head "no." As in, "Jay, do you want more to eat?" You give me a great big smile and shake that head "no." "Jay, do you want to take a nap?" Shake, shake, shake. . .

5. Your happy noises are so sweet right now. You coo and make these funny little sounds that are not quite words, but not quite meaningless, either. Your coos are starting to have the same pattern and intonation as real words. I know they're coming very soon.

6. You love to eat. If we give you something you are not particularly fond of, you don't hesitate to let us know. You look at us and make this face like we've hurt your feelings. Sorry! A boy has to eat green vegetables on occasion.

7. You love to be bounced and moved around. It's a sure way to get a smile or giggle out of you. The bigger the bounce or jump, the bigger the smile.

8. The bathtub. Period. You LOVE a bath. You push yourself back and forth across the tub on your belly to reach your toys. We've decided its easier for you to move in the water since you're such a big boy. Less resistance. . .

9. Finally, you've started "posing" for the camera. When I take it out, you stare at me and wait for the click. I love it! Here are some of my favorites from our afternoon of pictures. Wow, nine months. . .



1 comment:

Katie said...

Those are SO sweet!! I hate how fast they are growing up but they sure are fun now aren't they?