Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday Night

When I was younger, I looked forward to Friday night all week long. It was not a school night and I could stay up extra late. In high school and college, it was always a great night to go out and meet up with friends - - it drove me crazy to sit at home. I still look forward to Friday nights, but ohhhh, how they've changed. It's still not a school night, but I'm at home and not going anywhere and I think it's wonderful. We don't have to get up and run out the door in the morning, I didn't have to pack a bag tonight to get us through the day tomorrow, and I plan on going to bed soon - - maybe even before 10:00. Ten years ago, I would have gone stir-crazy sitting at home like this on a Friday night. Tonight, I wouldn't change a thing.

Mmmmm, I think I like butternut squash, too.

There's room for a little more right here, Daddy

Almost. . . (can you see that drool bubble?)

No comments on the jacket, please. Remember it was a workday :)



2 comments:

John Ross said...

Oh no, i am lovin the jacket!!!! I am also lovin sweet little jay! he is growing up so so fast! We need to see yall SOON! Feel like going to Babies R us anytime soon?

Katie said...

So true my friend! I love a night at home and RELAXED! I hear we won both games...maybe it was the jacket!