When I went back to read what life was like a month ago, it is amazing. You've really worked through letting other people hold and love you. That's a good thing - maybe the silver lining of me going back to work. You are still a super sweet and happy baby and now everybody else gets to enjoy a little of that, too. :)
So, there's no more swaddling in our world. When you started rolling over and "face-planting" yourself onto the mattress, we had to let that go. After a few restless days and nights, Emily Anne, you have figured out how to sleep on your stomach and are sleeping better now than ever. I think it's safe to say that four months has carried you pretty close to sleeping through the night. I hate to jinx it as I write this, but you have been sleeping until sometime between 5 and 6 am when left on your own. There's usually a good feeding at this point and then back to bed! Anything before 6 am is treated like the middle of the night around here!
At four months, you weigh almost 13 pounds. You can roll over any direction your want to now. And you're able to reach and pick up toys and get them into your mouth. We suspect you may be teething as the amount of drool coming out of your mouth is pretty substantial. It is not recommended that anyone carries you anywhere without some sort of cloth in hand to help soak it up.
Jay and I are looking forward to spending the next two months at home with you and teaching you all about how we do summer - swimming, sunbathing, naps, and playdates. We've got lots of plans!
1 comment:
mommy i love you
Post a Comment