Friday, October 16, 2009

100th Post. . .

This is my 100th posting. . . I've been thinking about this one for the last couple of days and have just been having trouble making up my mind about how I want to go about this post. We are home now from a week-long excursion to see Nutty in Greenwood. It was the last time Jay would see his great-grandfather and we knew that leaving. It made the trip very special for me to know that we would all have this final interaction with such a special person. I know Jay won't remember the trip, but I will be able to tell him one day about the joy his life brings to others. It definitely brought pleasure to the old man to see his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.

It's funny how things work out so evenly sometimes. Nutty liked for things to be very fair. He told us all many, many times how much he loved us all - the same, of course :). He passed away on his birthday - - a full, perfectly even circle of life. So, maybe it's fitting that this 100th post is one where I'm thinking about him. . .



Nunu's 90th birthday party - - October, 2008.


A visit to Greenwood - - April, 2009.



Nothing keeps you moving forward like little ones - - Jay and cousin Walker playing at Nunu's house, October 2009.

1 comment:

rg2wlg said...

Great post, Michelle! Love the pics you chose. We loved being with y'all hopefully again soon under happier circumstances!